Clogged drains and sewer lines can cause signiﬁcant problems for homeowners and businesses, such as clogged sinks, foul odors, and even water damage. One effective solution to clearing these blockages is hydro jetting. It is a process that uses high-pressure water to clean out pipes and remove debris. However, many people wonder how long does hydro jetting last.
In a survey conducted by Plumber Magazine, 42% of plumbing professionals reported using hydro jetting equipment for drain cleaning. This survey shows that hydro jetting is becoming a more popular way to clear drain lines of clogs and keep them in good shape in the US. In this article, we will discuss how hydro jetting works to clear blockages and explore how long the effects of hydro jetting typically last.
What is Hydro Jetting?
Hydro jetting is a modern method that uses high-pressure water jets to clear clogs and blockages from sewer pipes and drains. In hydro jetting, the water jets can shoot water at 20 gallons per minute, or 3000 to 5,000 PSI. People have thought that hydro jetting is a very good way to clean sewer pipes and drains.
Why Drains Need Hydro Jetting?
When sewer pipes become blocked, hydro jetting can help drain water and debris quickly and eficiently. Hydro jetting is a powerful and effective way to clean drains and remove blockages. Here are some reasons why gutters may need hydro jetting:
Mineral buildup: Minerals can build up in drain pipes over time, leading to reduced ﬂow and increased risk of clogs. Hydro jetting can help remove mineral buildup and restore ﬂow.
Grease and oil buildup: Grease and oil can accumulate in drain pipes. It occurs mainly in commercial kitchens and restaurants. Hydro breaks down and gets rid of grease and oil buildup. It keeps pipes from getting clogged and reduces the chance of backing up.
Tree roots: Tree roots can grow into drain pipes, causing blockages and backups. Hydro jetting can cut through tree roots and remove them from the drain pipes, preventing future clogs and backups.
Large clogs: Sometimes, clogs can be too large or stubborn for traditional methods such as snaking or plunging. Hydro jetting can break up and remove even the toughest clogs, getting the water ﬂowing and stopping problems from happening again.
Sanitation: Hydro jetting is an excellent way to clean drain pipes and eliminate buildup. It helps to maintain a clean drainage system.
However, improper use of drains, like pouring grease down the drain, can cause blockages that require hydro jetting to clean them. When choosing a drain cleaning service, make sure they use hydro jetting as a standard part of their service to prevent sewage backups and other issues from occurring.
How much does hydro-jetting cost?
Hydro-jetting is a popular and effective method to clean sewer lines. For minor clogs such as kitchen sinks, the cost can range from t350 to t600. However, hydro jetting costs for main drains can range from t750-t1,550 or more.
In the USA, commercial hydro jetting of sewer lines can cost anywhere from t600 to t3,300, depending on the severity of the obstructions.
How Long Does Hydro Jetting Take
Hydro jetting is an effective method for cleaning drain lines and removing buildup or blockages. The process involves using water pressure to break down clogs in drain lines, which can be completed in a few hours. The average time to perform hydro jetting is about 60 minutes. But, depending on how much cleaning needs to be done, it can take up to 2 hours or longer.
Hydro jetting is safe for most types of piping, including PVC, copper, and cast iron. It can be done in a few hours, but it may need to be done more than once for the best results. According to a study published in the Journal of Environmental Science and Health, hydro jetting can clear clogs. Also, it makes sewer lines ﬂow again, and the cleaning effects can last up to ﬁve years.
Tips for Maintaining the Results of Hydro Jetting
Hydro jetting is an effective tool to clean drainage systems. But if you want the best results, hire a professional hydro jetting service. Following are some tips for maintaining the results of hydro jetting.
- Get your drainage system inspected regularly to identify any issues with your drainage This can help you understand if hydro jetting is required and how often you should perform it.
- Have your pipes checked for buildup and blockages This will ensure that hydro jetting services can clean and clear any obstructions.
- Consider using a high-pressure water jetting system for your needs. These systems are more eficient and effective at cleaning and sanitizing, resulting in good drainage
- Properly disposing of waste and other materials can help prevent future clogs and prolong the effects of hydro Avoid ﬂushing non-degradable materials such as wipes, paper towels, and feminine hygiene products.
- Chemical drain cleaners are an easy solution to clogs. But they can actually damage your drain and reduce the effectiveness of hydro Instead, use natural drain cleaners or call a professional drain cleaning service for help.
How can Smith Drain Solutions help?
Smith Drain Solutions provides various services to keep your drainage system in good shape. Here’s a brief overview of the services they offer:
- Smith Drain Solution uses hydro jetting to clear clogs and blockages
- They use specialized cameras to inspect the inside of your sewer and drain lines and identify any
- They can locate drain lines and map out the system to help prevent future
- They can clear and clean storm drains to help prevent ﬂooding and other
- They provide specialized services for commercial systems, including cleaning and maintenance.
- They use specialized equipment and techniques to remove scale and buildup in cast iron
- They provide regular maintenance and cleaning services to help prevent drainage issues.
- They offer services for residential drainage systems, including cleaning, maintenance, and repairs.
Hydro jetting is a powerful and effective method of cleaning your drainage system. The length of time that hydro jetting lasts will depend on several factors, including the severity of your clogs and the condition of your pipes. If you face slow drains or drains that keep getting clogged, you should have a professional look at your drain system to ﬁgure out what to do. Smith Drain Solutions offers professional hydro jetting services and thorough drain inspections to make sure your system works as well as it can. Contact us immediately to set up a consultation and ﬁnd out how hydro jetting can help.
We don’t stop there; Elkton, North East, Rising Sun, Perryville, Chesapeake City, Port Deposit, Charlestown, Cecilton, and Warwick are just a few of the places where our knowledgeable specialists can offer first-rate drain cleaning services in addition to other parts of Cecil County and the areas around it.